Recommended Items For Beginner Runners – A Running Journal
A Running Journal is a really useful tool for any runner as it is a great way to track what is working and what is not working. “If it can be measured, it can be improved” – Peter Drucker
With this journal it will be easy to track:
- Current and New PB’s
- 2023 Target Races
- Event Results
- New Running Gear Purchases
- Training Plans
- Injuries & Recoveries
- Individual and Weekly Run Log
This journal helps you account for:
- Calories and Water Intake
- Heart Rate
- Training Sessions
Recommended Items For Beginner Runners – A Stopwatch
This particular model is cheap and cheerful, but the keyword is cheap. All you need is something to time your intervals that has big enough buttons that are easy to use and is easy to see.
This will become less important when the intervals get longer, as a wristwatch is easy to use. An alternative to the stopwatch would be a smartwatch that can be programmed to do your sessions.
Recommended Items For Beginner Runners – Reflective Vest
This is one of the most important items for runners, all runners. When running at night, not only is this particular model reflective, but it is lit up with LED lights to be seen at night in any weather.
This is a rechargeable LED vest and is elastic and adjustable. Have a look by clicking on the link to the right.
Recommended Items For Beginner Runners – Sports Watch
According to the seller:
- Lightweight and easy-to-use running watch with high-resolution display and built-in GPS that tracks how far, how fast and where you run
- Tracks heart rate at the wrist day or night, to provide more accurate calories burned information
- Connected features include smart notifications, music control, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect and the ability to track your runs with LiveTrack software
- All-day activity tracking counts steps and intensity minutes and reminds you when to move. Compatibility – Android: 4.4 OS or Later & Bluetooth 4.0 or Later. Apple: iOS 9.0 or Later. Display Size: 23.5 x 23.4 mm
- Meet your fitness goals with activity profiles, run/walk mode, intervals and vibration alerts to keep you motivated
We may make a small commission on sales from these products.